September 25, 2011

Some more finishes!

Remember these two designs?  I have put them on my website, so patterns are now available for purchase. I love working with felt and was quite delighted with this project:

Flitting Free Pincushion and Scissor Keep available here.

And here's a bright apron to lift the spirits in the kitchen:

 Feeling Fruity is available here.

Our two grandsons have now gone home.  There was plenty for them to do  - riding at the park, swimming and grassslides at the beach, seeing the Smurf movie, making things from the recycle box, playing Bobs and making huge layouts with a train set. In between caring for them, I managed to get this completed:


Ruby and Ivory silk and red roses - sigh!

Since then, two more projects have been completed - just instructions to write up.  It is so good to FINISH things - four commissions this month!  However, in the process, I went looking in a crate that I try not to lift the lid on too often - and wish I hadn't because there's an awful lot of PASSES in there - (Projects at a Stand Still)!  Oh well ....

Now, have a look at this gorgeous adaptation of my Gifts of Grace free pattern from last year:


Susie used eight of the blocks as the corners of her quilt:





Those blues are just lovely, aren't they!

Thanks, Susie, for sharing your lovely work.

Here's some great news - the fabulous Australian Magazine, Homespun, have gone digital! An annual digital subscription can be purchased here


This is fabulous news for my overseas friends, as it has been so difficult to purchase the magazine outside Australia.  But not now ....!!!

There's more excitement in our household this week - my husband will be presented with his Order of Australia Medal by the Governor of Queensland at Government House on Friday. Our three children in Australia are able to attend. Yeah! 

Happy Stitching!
Val

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi Val! Your new patterns are adorable! It sounds like you kept your grandsons very busy or was it the other way around? ;-) Susie's quilt is beautiful in those blues! YES!! I now have a digital copy of Homespun!!! I hope some of the other Australian magazines go digital!

quilterliz said...

G'day Val. Your pin cushions are so cute and the red roses and ivory is just gorgeous. That blue quilt is stunning, the embroidery is perfect.I have lots of PASSES here, I must get onto them !!! Congratulations to your husband. That is a truly great achievement. Take care. Liz

WoolenSails said...

I love the butterfly pieces, beautiful idea for gift giving.
Congratulations to your husband and wonderful that everyone can be there for him.

Debbie

Sue from Cyprus said...

Hi Val

What gorgeous pin cushions! So adorable! I just love Susie's quilt. It's amazing what kind of creativity is out there!

Congrats on your Hubby. Don't forget to take lots of photos for us!

Hugs, Sue from Cyprus x x x

Bluebell said...

Hello Val, I have'nt blogged for a while but now the winter is on it's way I have more time, thank you for the Consider the Lilies blocks, I love the butterfly pin cushion and scissor keeper, Congratulations to you husband and I hope you all have a special day.
Love Jillx

Allie said...

Wow Val you have been busy - love those butterflies and that apron! And of COURSE the roses, *swoon* So glad you had a great time with your grandsons! Susie did a wonderful job with your Gifts of Grace, love the blues. Congrats to hubby, can't wait to see the pictures!!!