September 19, 2010

Free Pattern - Gifts of Grace Block 8

Well, here we are with the second last block in our Gifts of Grace series.  It has been so encouraging to hear from lots of you lovely stitchers out there and to know that you like the blocks and are enjoying stitching them.

This month we are focussing on Gentleness, not needing to force our way in life.  This is what is looks like:


I couldn't let a whole series of blocks go without some grub roses, could I???!!! 
To help you with them, there's some helpful hints and photos in the tutorial on my website. 
And you can download the new block in the usual place on my website.

There's not much stitching happening in our household at the moment, but I have become expert at taping cartons!  Our boxes arrived on Monday and we packed 85 in the first four days, with some help from a friend, who took pity on us having to tackle packing my husband's three or four thousand books - yes, that's thousands, not hundreds!  I've finished packing all my precious fragile treasures and the house already looks bare - I think it has lost its soul.  Guess what room I am leaving till last to pack - just in case I have some spare time .....

I do have a couple of piccies for you though, as my project, the Herb Garden, has now been published in the lovely Australian Homespun magazine.


I was quite excited to have it gracing the front cover of such a prestigious magazine.

Here it is on the inside:


Until next time, happy stitching.

Regards
Val

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Val, glad to hear about your packing up. We too have sold our 150 acre hobby farm and we are in the midst of packing. I am packing up my 7 x 8m Craft Room that my DH built for me. What a job!!!

We will be renting a little place down the East Coast, DS no. 1 has just told his father about the tropical fruit trees that are in the rented yard. We had a citrus orchard (just for our own use in the country). When we buy another home will start the citrus again. I planted 3 mandarin trees and they have just finished fruiting. I will miss these bountiful trees next year!!! I am starting to look like a mandarin.

We are moving to be closer to our 2 grandchildren aged 2 and 1 and to give their parents a break whenever we are needed.

Thanks for Block 8. I haven't started them yet, maybe when we rent I will start them. They are just beautiful and appealing to me as they are from the Lord's special instructions. "Gentleness" is a gift of grace that appears to be lacking in the younger generations today.

Anyway must go now, thanks again and best wishes with your move!!!

Maryanne

BubzRugz said...

Wow - you have done well with the packing.... I always find that dust I never had just amazingly appears all over the place when packing up!!
Lovely block - thanks..... and I noticed your pattern - Homespun is my magazine of choice....
Hugz

Melody said...

Block 8 is beautiful. Congratulations on the magazine project - it is really lovely, as is all your work.

Penny said...

Congrats on the homespun spread! and thanks for block 8. I'll send you the pics when done :)

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

I love your project in Homespun, that is my fav mag!
I will have to keep an eye out for you when you move up, I am in the Caboolture area. Have fun with the rest of your packing!

Chookyblue...... said...

oh the herb garden is on my to do list.........love it......

CraftyMummy said...

Another lovely block, Val. And congrats on the project in Homespun.

But you've blown my mind with the thousands of books comment! I thought my husband had lots but I'm sure we're still in the hundreds. I probably shouldn't have told him - now he has something to aspire to!

Teresa said...

Congratulations on the publication! I love the new block and can' wait to work on it. Its a good thing I got busy and finished up the beehive just last week.

Susan said...

HI - love your herb garden - and like a lot of others I am a big fan of Homespun. I woish you well with poacking - at least books are easy to pack - but thousands?? (I hope he has done a lot of them too). I wonder if you will find any lost projects when you get to your sewing room??

ozjane said...

Thank you for the block and the reminder of the grace of Gentleness, something I have often been reminded to pray for.
I have to go back and really look at Homespun........I think I began and got distracted.
I love herbs. I have a herb bed also pots outside my sliding door...nice and easy to slip out to even in the rain.

Sharon said...

Thank you for another beautiful block and congratulations on the magazine pattern. It is also very lovely!
Your hubby sounds a lot like mine with the books. However, I don't think we have quite made the thousand mark yet. (I hope we never do-unless they are sewing and quilting books!) ;-D

Darlene's Quilts and Stuff said...

Val I love this block and can't wait to get started. Combining the fabricand embroidery has been so much fun
Thanks for sharing
Darlene

TrishJ said...

Hi
just found your blog, and love your work. God does work miracles in our lives,
TrishJ

Vicki ♥ said...

Thanks Val for another lovely design. Congrats on your project being in Homespun too. Well done and Cover girl too :)

Wendy said...

Strange coincidence. I'd been looking for somewhere to buy Homespun Australia for ages (I'm in England), someone from HA emailed me and told me where to get a subscription. The pink issue arrived just the other day and I was reading it this morning before work. I had to go so I turned over the page to put the mag down and there was your herb garden stitchery - I've been blog hopping and came to your blog! Strange coincidence.